Today's Reading:
So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. --Luke 2:6- KJV
What I Think:
The christmas story. We've all heard it a million times. Yet, tonight, I found new meaning in the story. Jesus, by today's standards, should not have survived. 9 months into the pregnancy is NOT the time to travel on a donkey to a city miles away. Certaintly not for a firstborn to a very young mother. Then, he's delivered in a stable, wrapped in swaddling clothes (which was apparently the BURIAL gowns of the day) and placed in a feeding trough (as in, the place where animals eat). The SAVIOR OF THE WORLD had this done. Why did this little baby have so much purpose that he could be born, survive, and save the world from these circumstances ??The answer lies in GOD ALONE. God had a plan for this little baby, his son, to do so much more in this world. He sent his one and only son to DIE for us.
Today, one of the families I most admire in Auburn is going through a really hard time. My college pastor's wife is 23 weeks pregnant, but the doctors are saying she will give birth in the next few weeks (or we hope its that long at least). It will take nothing short of a miricle for this baby to survive. The circumstances aren't that good, the light isn't all that positive. One thing that doesn't fail to get at me is the amount of love that this little baby has in the college ministry (and its family) though. To the American government/ Supreme Court, Baby Joseph isn't a baby yet. If they were to so chose, Baby Joseph could still be aborted in the upcoming weeks. And yet, this is one of the most trying times I've been through, second only to Baby Matthew this past summer. I find myself crying over this baby, praying for God to do a miracle. Yet, as shown in the christmas story, God has a plan for everyone, even the littleist babies. Through the not so good experiences, good things can happen. After all, the savior of the world was born in a not so good way, why can't baby Joseph. If you would, I would love to have you join me in praying for Stew, Sarah, and baby Joseph. :]
In a Nutshell: Even in the least likely circumstances, God can do a miracle.
12 years ago

1 comments:
I am praying for Sarah and I added her to the prayer chain and prayer list at church.
Post a Comment